Wilgis Family

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Be one with the Divine Mother

Kristy and I went to our first (and last) lamaze class last night. It turned into a glorified yoga class aimed at getting us to buy into the New Age Movement.

I kid you not, for 45 minutes at the end of the class she had us lay on the floor and listen to this soothing voice spoken over top of ocean waves and violins. "Breathe slowly and get in touch with your Divine feminine.... Reach back and call out to your ancestors women of your past... feel their warmth... etc." It was a total New Age worship time. There were many other statements made that made me frustrated but I didn't want to ruin the whole thing for others in the class so I simply quietly stood up and sat down in my chair while the tape finished. I began taking notes of things I wanted to get done this week. The couple next to us was just as unimpressed. He fell asleep and she began reading some magazines about pregnancy. It was a waste of time.

I walked away feeling what some people must feel when they are 'tricked' into going to a Christian worship service. "Free Food, Popcorn, and Divine Feminine" wasn't the pull for us but certainly "Learn about Childbirth, Learn how to breathe during delivery, Learn about the Divine feminine" was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home