Wilgis Family

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Williamsburg, VA

This Sunday after our services, we drove up to Williamsburg, VA (home of Water Country USA, Busch Gardens, and historical sites such as the Jamestown settlement and Colonial Williamsburg).

This trip took us to Colonial Williamsburg to visit the historical sites. This was very much a spur-of-the-moment trip as we didn't leave until around 4pm. I had only visitied Colonial Williamsburg once before. It seems to be the case that no matter where you live in the country you can ignore some of the greatest treasures at your back door.

Anyway, below are some pictures of the trip:


[This couple caught my attention when I saw her put her cell phone in that basket. I then asked if they would allow me to take this picture. It turns out that they don't work at the settlement (although apparently 80 families live there in traditional garb). This couple was visiting from New Jersey and just wanted to have the complete experience.]



The Capitol: Check out informaiton on the Colonial Williamsburg Capitol here.


Bruton Parish Church: Hey, I'm a Pastor... I couldn't resist.
Check out some info on the Bruton Parish Church here.


One of a couple of taverns in town. I hear the food here is terrific. Unfortunately we didn't stop in to eat. We live close enough though that I think we're going to come back soon and have dinner.

Met some nice people along the way:

Meet Erik. Erick was kind enough to check us out of the Wythe candy store. He caught our attention when he called us over and offered to check us out... Why does that matter? There was a HUGE line at the front of the store. I thanked him and asked if I could let the world know of my gratitude for his kindness. I also gave him a card with a link to my (Tally) blog.


STAN DA' MAN!
Stan was our waiter at Cracker Barrel. The closest Cracker Barel to us is 45 mins away so we enjoyed our meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home